Follow me

19 August 2017

A pinch of salt!

Today I played with distressed oxides and salt.
It turned out a little bit but only in patches. Need to 
practice this technique with more salt as I don't think
I added enough.


Challenge for this card:
HAPPY LITTLE STAMPERS...a/g with dies

My second attempt I used dylusion sprays and heaps of
Pink Rock Salt, much happier with the result.


Due to DT schedules I am posting both of these cards
in the one post.


Challenge:

53 comments:

Lisa said...

They are both stunning, Annie!! The colors are gorgeous!! I love them both!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Berina RGA said...

Both are beautiful Annie!! Love the different effects of salt o n both.

Glennis F said...

Both are lovely Annie, I did not realise that salt would work with dylusions - off to raid the pantry!!!

Anonymous said...

wonderful card!

Elma

loz said...

Two beautiful cards Annie..Loz

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous cards, love the use of the salt. Hugs, Valerie

Je@net said...

Great result and two beautiful cards, Annie.
Enjoy your weekend!

Shirley Young said...

Lovely effects Annie xx

chrissie said...

Fantastic cards Annie and sounds like an interesting thing to try.

Love Chrissie xx

Liz said...

Two beautiful cards, Annie, love the colours. I'm planning to have a play with my new Distress Oxides and salt today for the first time.
Thanks for following me again - blogger has a mind of its own! xx

brenda said...

Lovely results from what I am sure was a fun inky session Annie.

Have a good weekend.

B x

Lisa Lynn said...

Those are gorgeous. You are finding too many new techniques...wow. I feel so lazy in comparison to you.

Jules said...

Hi Annie

What fabulous makes! Love how you have used the technique.

Not one I have tried so will have to add it to my list!

Thank you for the inspiration.

Have a great weekend.

Love Jules xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, another fab technique to try!! :) I have used salt technique years ago with silk (for batik) but haven't thought that it could be used on paper, too... You are always so inspiring, thanks so much!!
Beautiful both your cards, sprays have colors are more intense and perhaps give to the salt more water to absorb.
Hugs have a lovely weekend!

Sarah said...

What a clever technique Annie, beautiful backgrounds xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two fabulous cards Annie, I love them both.

Sue xx

Carole Pollard said...

I've made it I'm finally here so sorry not been around life just got in the way of crafting. These are two very classy cards I love both of the great designs Love and hugs Carole x

KandA said...

Two beautiful creations Annie and I love the colours and designs xx

Kuni said...

Stunning cards Annie.
Hugs
Kuni

Sue said...

Two gorgeous cards, Annie, beautiful effects with the salt. I love the layout and placement on your first card.

Michelle said...

These are gorgeous Annie - love the die-cuts on the second card - have a great weekend - Michelle x

froebelsternchen said...

Both variations are gorgeous Annie!

Bunny said...

The are both beautiful. I need to try this salt technique. I like the heavy handed one the best. Definitely beautiful. [Bunny]

Marjan said...

Nice techniques Annie and beautiful cards made with the results. I understand why you are happier with the result on the Dylusions, although the soft effect on the first is beautiful too. Have a lovely weekend!

Skye said...

Two beautiful card. The colours of the second card are spectaculer!

KarinsArtScrap said...

2 beautiful cards Annie
Gr Karin

Migdalia said...

Both are beautiful! I love the awesome dies you used!
Have a wonderful day my friend,
Migdalia
Crafting with Creative M

KraftyKoolKat said...

Both cards are gorgeous Annie, you do come up with some fantastic techniques.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Linda Simpson said...

WOW these are stunning, must try this technique again! Loving the colours you used Annie.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tracy Freeman said...

They are both beautiful Annie, love the salt technique. Hope you're having a nice weekend lovely xxxx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Annie, gorgeous colours on both and beautifully designed, love them both Kate x

Chris said...

Both cards are fabulous Annie, the backgrounds are stunning, beautiful designs and die cuts.
Enjoy the weekend
xx

Ans Gilbert said...

Your cards are wonderful, love the first one, the soft colours are pretty
Hugs
Ans x

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hi Annie,
zwei wunderschöne Karten hast du gestaltet. Eine faszinierende Technik mit dem Salz. Happy Weekend. Hugs Silvi

Laine said...

These are fabulous Annie. Love the deep colours on your second creation!
Laine
xx

Chrissy said...

Both cards are wonderful Annie..gorgeous designs and love the technique..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carol L said...

They're both so pretty and I have to learn to use salt with the oxide inks one day too!

Marjeta said...

Gorgeous. Love salt effect on background.

Marjeta

Meggymay said...

They are both beautiful cards Annie. The salt technique looks great.
Yvonne xx

pam said...

Two fantastic card design Annie, love the colours and technique used.
Hugs Pam x

Kathleen said...

You can never have enough salt Annie, maybe that is why I did have high blood pressure or was that with having two Daughters?
Two stunning creations, gorgeous colours and love the way you have made the cards CAS so the super backgrounds are not over faced with embellishments.
Kath xx

Carol S. said...

Two beautiful cards and the second one is my fave. Only because I love the colours. Happy Sunday, big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

GerJanne said...

Nice technique. Your cards look very Beautiful.
GerJanne

Bonnie said...

Both of these backgrounds are fantastic, Annie! I love the more muted look of the pink with that gorgeous black framed flower! And the rich tones of the second are so beautifully die cut! Thanks for sharing these with us at CAS Watercolour!

Christine said...

your salt backgrounds are fantastic. I love the depth of colour you got with the dylusion sprays and the black framing on your flower. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards, Annie! Your salted backgrounds are so pretty. Love the soft and delicate colours of your first card with the silhouette flower and frame. So perfect together!! And your second card is so vibrant with the sprays and salt. Another perfect framing to show off your artsy background! Thanks for sharing both with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

nancy littrell said...

Both your salt backgrounds are gorgeous, aNNie:-) I have found what can add more of a salt effect is to spritz your salt with water after you have added to your watercolour background and let dry completely. TFS your beauties and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs...

Veerle said...

Both are so classy Annie, love them.
Hugs Veerle xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Beautiful cards Annie, the coarser the salt grains the more dramatic the effect.
Lorraine

Mia said...

I always love your beautiful cards, Annie. I did not know about salt, I think I will give it a try. I love how your cards turned out. Have a great week, my friend.

Susan B said...

Two lovely salted backgrounds - nice to see a soft pastel version and a deep vibrant coloured version. Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

sharon said...

Two beautiful cards Annie!!! I must get my distressed oxides out and put them to good use.
hugs
sharon :)

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful is exactly what they are! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS Watercolours challenge!