Follow me

16 January 2019

Looking Back in Time



Looking Back in Time
This is our theme for the challenge at
DOUBLE D CHALLENGES

Create something that reminds you of times gone by!
Maybe our mood board can inspire you.

This is an identical machine my mum had, so that is what has inspired me
for my 'looking back in time"
On my project I used my Darkroom door stamps,
some from a collage and the sentiment from Darkroom door as well.
An antique overlay was placed over my card to give it
that aged effect.
Love to see what you create as well, and please have a look at what the
design team has made and view our prize as well..

Visit the Double D Team Darlene teamies.
Leslie
 Vicki 
And for more inspiration, visit Team Diane members.
All winners of our anniversary challenge
can be found on the challenge blog...
Our prize for this challenge is...



My winner chosen is Carol L who entered the challenge with
a fabulous card....#25
and commented on my blog with this lovely comment...
"Gosh Annie, I could use some warm spiced cider right about now, thanks! LOL Love the pinked edges and snippets of dsp on this one! It's a perfect menu for me :)"
Thanks Carol ♥

My winner, please notify via blogger contact form on my side bar..

Entering into:
TIOT...something old something new.
 [new Dark room door stamp, Old overlay]
Love to scrap....a/g

59 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Annie my first sewing machine was a singer treadle which was my Grandma's,great machine,love your card ,well done my friend xx

Christine said...

Love the vintage look of your sewing machine and background :)

Je@net said...

What a beautiful vintage card, Annie!

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a great, vintage piece, love it. Hugs, Valerie

sharon said...

Annie this is a fabulous vintage card, I have used one of those treadle machine at high school, much prefer the electric ones.
I have the stamp I MUST use it.
Have a wonderful week.
hugs
sharon :)

Margreet said...

My Mum used to have a similar sewing machine as your mum had. She has made so many beautiful clothes with it.
Your card is beautiful!
xxx Margreet

Janette said...

Oh thats a blast from the past indeed, fabulous card, so many memories of my mum using that exact machine, I loved them, they would take anything you could throw at them...xx

meg said...

these old treadle machines were so solid and great workhorses, I learned to dress make on my mother's she kept it even after buying an electric one. Great card Annie.

froebelsternchen said...

Simply GORGEOUS! What a fantastic vintage project Annie! Thank you for joining us over at Try It On Tuesday!
oxo Susi

aga-craft said...

Wspaniała inspiracja pełna wpomnień :) moja babcia też miała taką maszyne do szycia :)pozdrawiam :)

Diane said...

Great vintage card Annie...yes my Mom had a machine just like that too, we used to get in trouble for always pushing the treadle on it lol...this challenge sure brought all of us back some memories!!

Ans Gilbert said...

My mum had the same Singer sewing machine, I learned to make clothes on that machine, your card is awesome love the vintage feeling,
Ansx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Annie. I love the sepia look. I went into a cafe when I was away in November and they had used the tables of the old Singer machines as their tables with a sheet of glass over the top. The whole of the cafe was very quaint.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Viv said...

Just perfect Annie - and so many memories of my Gran who had a Singer Treadle machine for many years! x

Chris said...

You've created a fabulous card for the theme Annie, image design and colours all give this card a wonderful vintage look.
I taught myself to sew on a machine that looked very like the one on your card, I was 19, newly married and money was tight...someone gave it to me, it worked perfectly but had to be operated by hand, so this card brought back memories for me too!
Chris
x

craftieodmae said...

another beauty!!!

Monica C. said...

I love this theme and card. Both my grannies had sewing machines like this, one had a crank handle and the other had a treddle. They always fascinated me.
Hugs
Monica

cotnob said...

A super card Annie, a lovely vintage image and papers.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Vicki said...

Fabulous card, Annie! There's nothing more vintage than an old pedal sewing machine. I have one like this also that I purchased years ago at a yard sale. I love to sew, but eyesight doesn't allow for the tedious work any more.

Marjan said...

Gorgeous card with the vintage parts and colours! My mom had a slightly more modern one, but I learned sewing on just such an old Singer sewing machine with a pedal :) which had been my grandmothers.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I remember my Nan having a machine like this Annie. Your card is fantastic a great trip down memory lane.

Sue xx

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL creation Annie! YEP we had a Singer treadle when I was a kid and it got a real work out with my Mom having three girls and my older sister & I were in dancing class from the ages of 3 & 4 ... Mom made all of our costumes. Again ... awesome card ...thanks for the memories!

*Vicki* said...

That image is stunning and I just love the Vintage overlay on your design! Haven't really seen too many of these older machines, but I think my grandma may have had one. Great quote too!! :) HUGS

Leslie Miller said...

This certainly takes me back and it's beautiful in every way. Love the antique overlay. The sentiment with this is wonderful! I learned to sew on an old Singer like this, operated by pushing with your knee. My first sewing machine was an old Singer built into an ornate table. Lift the lid and the machine rises up. This challenge is going to bring back a lot of memories for everyone!

Lisa Andersson said...

Just love the vintage look, so beautiful. Great take on the theme.
Hugs, Lisa

Linda Simpson said...

WOW this is fabulous, love the sepia, I have my mother in law's old sewing machine, I can't sew but wont part with it.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Enny said...

What a beautiful vintage card, love the sentiment ! My mother had the same machine ! Hugs, Enny

Lisa said...

This is beautiful!! Perfect take on the inspiration photo!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

karin said...

A beautiful vintage card Annie. I have such a sewing machine as decoration. A lovely corner in our house with all old stuff 😊
Karin
Xx

Kathy Krug said...

Perfect card for this challenge Annie. I love that sentiment and a and how you clipped it to the card. Wonderful layering and papers.Just fabulous.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous vintage image and love the antique overlay too-brilliant- I remember having one of these sewing machines many years ago
Carol x

Meggymay said...

A beautiful vintage card and images Annie, I remember a machine like that in our family as well.
Yvonne xx

Carol S. said...

My Mother also had the same machine and came from a family of seamstresses, in Malta. It certainly brings memories back to me. Great detail and love the vintage look. Hope you are keeping cool my friend. Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

Meggymay said...

Sorry I forgot to thank you for linking this fantastic card with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne xx

Fikreta said...

so wonderful!

Lisa Lynn said...

Wonderful vintage card Annie. I remember my Grandmother having a sewing machine like that also. Love your layout.

Mrs A. said...

Nostalgic look back in time as my Grandmother had one of those stand alone Singers too. The Iron on the frame work was so intricate. My first singer sewing maching at the age of 16yr was the same as the one on your card. It was so heavy to lift on and off the kitchen table with the wooden box it sat inside. I made my Wedding dress on it.
Those were the days!!! Hugs Mrs A.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh my, when I was a baby also my GrandMother had a Singer exactly as that one of the clipart!! Such sweet memories!
Your card is awesome, such fabulous vintage look and that sentiment is really impressive and so true...!! Great inspiration!
Big hugs and big congrats to Carol!! :)

Beebeebabs said...

Beautiful as always!!!

Mia said...

Gorgeous card and great inspiration, Annie. My mother has such a sewing machine and I love it!!! Kisses, my friend.

loz said...

Stunning card and vintage images Annie..Loz

Conniecrafter said...

I just love the old sewing machines, and I like the collage you have made with this!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't believe it took me so long to get here, because this is definitely one of my very favorite spreads you have created. This is a pure gem with the sewing machine at the center of it all.

Stamps and Paper said...

Beautiful vintage card Anneke

Anne

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Annie - my Mum also had a treadle singer, but it was a model that was particularly heavily made, and she was able to have a motor fitted to it - did that machine ever put in the hours of work -it was amazing what she made on it. She was also able to purchase an accessory that made button holes - very progressive at the time!
Blessings
Maxine

Barbara said...

Your card looks so real, just like vintage film. Great take on the challenge. My grandmother had a sewing machine like this. I sued to play on it until I sewed my finger. I remember that day well.

Donna Phelan said...

Awesome Vintage Vibe here, Annie! Love the image AND that wonderful sentiment--it is fantastic!!!

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful vintage looking project and what great memories for you x

Gerrina said...

This is such a great vintage card! Super in this old colours! Hugs, Gerrina

Kuni said...

Fantastic card.
Hugs
Kuni

Chrissy said...

FABulous vintage style card Annie..love your special effects with layers.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Carol L said...

What a wonderful surprise to see I'm your winner! Thanks so very much Annie, I'm just delighted :) This sewing machine reminds me of my grandmother too - she spent so much of her time either sewing or crocheting things and I still have a lot of them in use today :) Great vintage make!

Ina G said...

Just gorgeous aNNie. So perfectly vintage.

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, I just adore this card. I learned to sew on a machine just like that, so it really makes me smile. Great take on the challenge, I love the vintage-y look!

Heather said...

What a beautiful card! It has a fabulous antique look to it, both with the image and the overall feel of it. Thanks for playing with LTSCB. (if you wouldn't mind adding a link to our challenge, I would really appreciate it!f)

Rosie said...

A very beautiful vintage card, Annie.

Thank you so much for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY.

Have a wonderful weekend

Valerija said...

What a gorgeous card. I just love vintage cards.
Valerija xx

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Annie! I love all those beautiful vintage elements.

Mrs.B said...

A wonderful card Annie, love the images you used, and the overlay does give a lovely vintage feel to the whole card.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday
Avril x