Follow me

21 February 2019

water colours with love

Using foils is new to me, and not very successful
at it without a laminator...so using Express-It
the rainbow colour foil and a die..
A bit of water colouring in the
background using brusho's.
[then swiped onto the paper]

The lovely oval dieI am using was from my dear
friend in NZ, Chrissy..♥

Challenges:
↓


A Place to Start....use an inspirational die or stamp
TIOT.....Powder your.....
Crafty Catz...keep it simple

58 comments:

Wendy L said...

Looks lovely Annie, so pretty and delicate. Xxx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Annie this is very dainty ,love it ,well done my friend xx

Chrissy said...

So pretty Annie and love the foiling, which has worked really well..glad you like the die it looks real pretty..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa Lynn said...

Annie, that looks beautiful. Wonderful that you could share the die.

Valerie-Jael said...

Very beautiful card Annie. Hugs, Valerie

Je@net said...

What a beautiful card, Annie!

aga-craft said...

Wspaniała, bardzo wymowna karteczka :)

froebelsternchen said...

PRECIOUS! A fantastic elegant card!
Happy day!
♥♥♥
Susi

Jantine said...

Beautiful, Annie. Live the colours of the foil! And such an elegant card!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is totally AWESOME. I've always been told you can iron that foil in place, but you found a great way to work around the problem.

Gerrina said...

Beautiful CAS and so elegant! You nailed the foil! Hugs, Gerrina

GerJanne said...

I never worked with foil. So I don't know how it works. On your card it's so pretty!! Great card!

karin said...

Lovely Text Card Annie.
Karin
xx

meg said...

the sentiment looks so beautiful in the rainbow foil

Lynne said...

Beautiful, I love the white with a splash of colour x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is so beautiful Annie and the little splash of colour in the background is so delicate, I love it.

Sue xx

Mia said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Annie. Very elegant and beautiful. Really inspiring design. And I love how the sentiment pops up. Kisses, my friend.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous CAS card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck
Ginny DT for Crafty Catz Challenge Blog
My Blog As I do Rodos

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The white on white with the little pops of color works so great.

KarinsArtScrap said...

wonderful card Annie
Gr Karin

Christine said...

So pretty Annie and isn't fun using the laminator. I haven't had much luck with crisp images without one.

Lisa said...

It's so stunning, Annie!! The foil looks amazing!! And I love the splash of color on the background!! Gorgeous, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Nataliascraft said...

Gorgeous card Annie, love a touch of colour on this white card, so beautiful x

Chris said...

Beautiful! Such a lovely clean design, beautiful die cut and the foiled sentiment looks gorgeous.
xx

Ellen said...

Beautiful Annie...love the foil you used!
X Ellen

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful card and so well executed! I love the white on white with just a few hits of color...very nicely done! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner/Designer

Beebeebabs said...

Such a beautiful card!!!

Sylvia said...

Fab card,annie.Love the foil.Well done.

Hugs,Sylvia x

KraftyKoolKat said...

A beautiful die Annie & I adore your foil work. Awesome work sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Margreet said...

Beautiful card Annie!
xxx Margreet

Ans Gilbert said...

Beautiful card Annie, love the foil and the pretty die,
Ansx

Linda Simpson said...

I love the simplicity of this card! The foiled sentiment just pops against the white. Brilliant!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Mac Mable said...

So elegant and so beautiful and the foiling and the die cut oval is so very pretty x.

Mac Mable said...

Meant to say that I love how you go from mixed media, layouts and CAS so effortlessly...You are one very talented crafter x.

crafty-stamper said...

Love this Annie beautiful dies and delicate Brusho splatters
Carol x

Fikreta said...

very nice and elegant card!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Annie, very elegant.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Meggymay said...

A beautiful and elegant card Annie.
I spotted that you had used some Brusho powder, it would fit the new TioT's theme if you would like to join us there.
Yvonne xx

Carol S. said...

Fab card Annie and the die from Chrissy is gorgeous. Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

Carol L said...

Simply stated and oh so elegant at the same time! Beautiful creation!

Liz said...

This is so pretty and dainty, Annie. I love the subtle use of colour in the background. xx

Berina RGA said...

This is so pretty!! I love CAS!! The foiled sentiment is perfect!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad you joined the Powder Your challenge at Try it on Tuesday, too!!!

Shabneez said...

Love the foiling Annie and that oval die is so pretty. Shabneez x

Kuni said...

Wonderful CAS card Annie.
Hugs
Kuni

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! You could have fooled me about being a novice with the foils! This is GORGEOUS, especially against the white on white layers with just a splash of color. BEAUTIFUL and elegant! Wishing you a great week-end. Hugs, de

Monica C. said...

Very beautiful! I love to use foil. I don't have a laminator so I used glues and double sided tapes. The effect is amazing.
Hugs
Monica

Darlene said...

WOW what a beautiful card Annie! CAS and GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

I think your foiled wording looks amazing!! I love this effect and yes, it took me a bit to get the hang of how to use without a laminator, but there are little tricks of course! :) This whole design turned out so lovely!! It's a beautiful job my friend!! HUGS

Conniecrafter said...

I have not tried these foiling projects, but I do love the pretty results that you can get from them! such a pretty way to frame it and love the soft colors added in the background!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I haven't a foiling machine, so thanks for the idea of using the foil with a die.... Your sentiment looks great and such lovely frame for it! Amazing card!
Hugs!!

Chana Malkah said...

I love your innovation and your foiling is perfect! I love that this card is so pristine. Those swipes of color are very elevating. Kudos to you for a project well crafted! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer
A Place To Start Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

Cath Wilson said...

Great job of the foiling and the Brushos look lovely. So pleased you joined us at Try it on Tuesday. Cath x

Leslie Miller said...

Dang, I'm seeing a lot of the foiling lately and loving the look of it. Hey, whatever works to come up with such gorgeous results as this. Wow! Love everything about your card. So clean and pretty, but with style!

Ina G said...

Simple-eeee gorgeous aNNie. Love the foiling and the soft watercolour background. Lovely die cuts too.
And from HLS - thank for sharing this beauty with us.

Lisa Andersson said...

It looks lovely, Annie. Very elegant.
Hugs, Lisa

Mrs.B said...

A lovely card Annie, the foiling looks great to me. I like how you've used the Brushos to add a subtle touch to the background.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Avril x

BożenA said...

Beautiful, elegant card
Thank you for sharing this wonderful card with us at HLS Watercolor.
Bożena DT HLS