Follow me

12 October 2018

Oktoberfest Orange

Having a try out of my new Lindy's embossing powder
and this one I used is called
Oktoberfest Orange.
I love it the colours are so strong and embossing on
my vellum was a breeze. [it did buckle a little]
My stamps I used are from HLS called
Doodled Flowers. Beautiful set.
Zutter used for my bow.
Wasn't sure how to attach the vellum to the cardstock without
the glue dots showing so added some clear dots over them.
Anyone with suggestions is appreciated.


Happy little Stampers.....CAS use vellum


Time Out Challenges .....colourful

59 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It's a beautiful colour Annie, the co-ordinating ribbon ties in beautifully with the design. I've not tried Lindy's powders, you will have me thinking if I need them now hee hee!
Hope you are keeping well? I have been awol taking care of the elders as everyone in the family came down with the Flu Virus. Trying to catch up with everyone now.
Wishing you a fab weekend & sending hugs across the miles Tracey xx

Kylie said...

They look stunning in Orange! Beautiful card! xx

Kylie said...

I forgot to say - using Vellum is tricky. You can use an adhesive spray, brads, pins, glue, etc to attach it. What you have done with the clear dots is exactly what you need to do. If you have anything showing through your vellum, that is the best way to hide it. xx

StirYourCreativity said...

Bright orange lifts up the mood. The touch of pattern paper is smart.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Oooh such a cheerful and happy card!!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Berina RGA said...

This is so pretty Annie! Love this color!

Christine said...

I never think to use velum, this looks beautiful with your bright cheer orange.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Delightful CAS aNNie!!! Love the embossed flowers with thst plsid dp and the bow! Very elegant and fresh!
I have the same problem, but you covered the glue so vell with the dots, no glue is visible!!!
Big hugs, I'm going to job...

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous card Annie. Vellum is always hard to glue down, but you did very well here. Hugs, Valerie

Debra K. said...

Such a happy card! Wonderful embossing of the flowers and it is a really lovely colour. Great paper choice and a beautifully tied bow, I have a zutter but not got the hang of it yet. The clear dots were a fab idea to cover the glue dots, that's really all you can do to cover where the adhesive is on vellum by covering it with something else or wrapping it around the card. Debra x

brenda said...

A very striking design Annie.

B x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've NEVER been able to emboss vellum. I always get it too hot and it buckles on me. I bought some clear tape one time when I was making a lot of tip-ins that used vellum. It was guaranteed to not show through vellum and it worked like a dream. I've NEVER been able to find it again, so your use of the the clear drops/dots was perfect. I wish I could remember the name of the vellum tape, but it came on a roll and you had to remove the backing.

BTW, this is a fabulous card.

Gerrina said...

A great sunny colour! And no; I also struggle all the time with velum; most of the time I end up with folding it around the card... Hugs, Gerrina

Stamps and Paper said...

Lovely card Annie love the colour

Anne

Chrissy said...

So pretty and zingy Annie.., love the bow and sweet stamps..I think you did a perfect job attaching the vellum..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Margreet said...

Wonderful! And adding dots to hide is a great way! Low how you used the bow!
xxx Margreet

Wendy L said...

Very pretty Annie, I very seldom use orange, but yours looks gorgeous, xx

Jane Savage said...

Love that glorious orange, Annie, so effective on the vellum! Have a good weekend! xxx

Shabneez said...

Loving that card Annie - the orange is very striking but doesn't overpower the rest of your creation. Shabneez x

Jantine said...

Nice card in orange, Annie, orange is the Dutch national color :-) But it's also very autumny...you should ben making springcards :-)

Janette said...

Love the orange Annie, so cheerful and zesty a gorgeous card, as for the vellum, I think everyone else has covered tips and tricks, depending on the style of card I have been known to use tiny staples, on show of course..enjoy your day..x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous CAS card Annie, I love the colours.

Sue xx

Beebeebabs said...

Such a lovely card!!!

Lynne said...

A gorgeous card and a good idea with the clear dots. I think the only way is to cover glue with something x

Chris said...

The embossed vellum looks beautiful Annie, lovely stamps and the colour is so bright and striking. Hope you have a lovely weekend
Chris
x

Bunny said...

The embossing is beautiful. Love the great bow you made on the Zutter. Lovely card. [Bunny]

Michelle said...

Really stunning card Annie - Michelle x

meg said...

Beautiful card, love the rich colour

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab design.xxx

Kuni said...

Wonderful Annie, love the orange.
Hugs Kuni

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful stamps and gorgeous bow love the zingy orange colour and you did well with the vellum cannot help further sorry
Carol x

Lisa Andersson said...

Beautiful colour and love the clean look. Stunning make!
Hugs, Lisa

Gina said...

Lovely with the design paper and ribbon in the corner! Beautiful in orange! Creative regards, Gina

Sarah said...

You have chose the perfect colour to showcase this gorgeousness xx

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous card Annie, I love the orange shade and your design. Vellum is a tricky thing to use, but you've attached it perfectly, Kate x

Debs cards said...

Hi Annie wow I love the colours you have chosen and your design is wonderful.
Thank you for sharing

Hugs Debs xxx

http://debsartliffscards.blogspot.com/?m=1

KraftyKoolKat said...

A gorgeous vibrant creation Annie. Love the matching bow. Great hiding of the attaching.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, I do love a vibrant orange. The layout and design is beautiful.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Leslie Miller said...

Fun stamps and pretty orange with all the white! The bit of plaid paper and the bow in the corner is just right. Your glue dots are a nice solution. If I had the answer I'd use more vellum. I tried stitching once and that didn't work well.

*Vicki* said...

What a really happy and gorgeous orange floral design! Love the little touch of plaid papers in the corner as well! Beautifully done my friend! Have a great weekend! HUGS

froebelsternchen said...

Such a beautiful design! I love the checkered corner!!!

Enny said...

Wow, what a beautiful orange, lovely flowers and ribbon ! Hugs, Enny

Laine said...

Such stunning colour on your beautiful card Annie.
Laine
x

pam said...

Beautiful card Annie, love the pretty stamping on velum.
Pam x

GerJanne said...

Very nice composition on your card! And beautiful colors...

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Annie, such a fabulous CAS design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Carol S. said...

Very pretty and loved using vellum. I used pretty brads in the corners or wrap the edges around a backing piece of card. Ribbons are also useful. Have a lovely weekend. Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful and stylish card Annie. I think it was a super idea to use the clear dots to cover the glue dots. Sorry I cannot add any ideas as I don't often use vellum.
Yvonne xx

Mac Mable said...

So very vibrant and the embossing looks fantastic. Great idea about the clear dots, which covers the glue fabulously x.

Carol L said...

That's very pretty Annie! I love the corner design and that's some great orange embossing powder too!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous embossing! And I love the tiny pop of plaid!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

Lisa Lynn said...

Annie, that is a great color and the stamps are gorgeous especially on the vellum.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous and colourful card Annie. Love embossing on vellum. I use a special vellum adhesive tape made by Scotch. i believe there is a spray glue too.
Blessings
Maxine

Darlene said...

WOW love this! That patterned paper in the corner is so bright & beautiful ... really brings attention to your gorgeous flowers! Nicely done my dear friend! HUGS

loz said...

Beautiful card and colour Annie..Loz

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I love the embossing and the wonderful triangle of paper in the cormer. Fantastic bow. Thanks for sharing this colorful beautify with us at TIme Out.

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely orange flowers, that bow is stunning way to put across the paper edge. I run vellum through my Xyron the adhesive doesn't show up at all on the vellum

Fikreta said...

its so nice!
hugs

Jane said...

Loving your striking autumn oranges. Thanks for playing at the HLS CAS Challenge.