Follow me

31 March 2019

life is art.

I started this project for fun two days ago due
to boredom and finished it off today stamping
TH stamp onto tissue paper then mod podge
it onto my project. Lots of texture as well as
die cuts and builders tape used. Circles 
stamped from old tops and  splats with 
TH Distressed ink..
Happy Sunday ..
Challenge:
All sorts...use yellow

note...my mod podge has gone lumpy
and a bit hard to use, any ideas on how
to revive a fairly new pot to smooth past
again, appreciate input.

49 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

This is terrific Annie! WOW!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic piece Annie! Sorry, never had lumpy mod-podge yet! Hugs, Valerie

Valerija said...

That's amazing Annie!

Lisa Lynn said...

Annie, your journal is gorgeous. Love the textures.

brenda said...

Well Annie, all I can say is boredom ended up like this WOW as it's stunning, each element draws you into the artistry, thanks so much for joining in our 'Use Yellow' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Kuni said...

Fabulous Annie.
Hugs
Kuni

Margreet said...

Wow, love this page!
Cannot help you with your lumpy mod-podge, sorry.
xxx Margreet

KarinsArtScrap said...

gorgeoussssssssssssss Annie
Gr Karin

Pink Rose said...

Hi Annie that is such a beautiful page ,well done my friend xx

Je@net said...

Beautiful page, Annie!

Janette said...

Beautiful page Annie, as for the modge podge problem I have no clue, its never happened to me, maybe give it a good shake or stir, sorry. Enjoy your day.xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

What a fantastic journal page Annie, there so much going on the longer you look at it the more you find.

Sue xx

crafty-stamper said...

Stunning journal page wish I could get this bored!!!Funnily enough this was a question on FB earlier in the weekk suggestions were add a little water and leave couple of hours/overnight and see what happens-I always have a jar of watered down PVA instead of mod podge
Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous page Annie
, all the images are brilliant, great colouring too Kate x x

Chris said...

Stunning mixed media piece Annie, what a fabulous composition!
Sorry, no ideas about the mod podge!
xx

Veerle's Kaarten Hoekje said...

Waauw love this project Annie. Great job.
Hugs, Veerle x
BTW did you see on my blog the link to my new blog ?

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! It looks fabulous, Annie, and I love the vivid yellow against the black elements. Great journal page! hugs, de

aga-craft said...

Bardzo ciekawa kompozycja :) dużo się dzieje :)

aga-craft said...

Bardzo ciekawa kompozycja :) dużo się dzieje i piekne kolory :)Miłej niedzieli życze :)

meg said...

Brilliant images and page Annie

Carol L said...

What a fantastic masculine make! Love this page!!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing mixed media, love all the textures!!
I can't help you about mod podge, I don't have a solution, sorry!
Hugs, have a lovely Sunday!

Meggymay said...

Its a fabulous page Annie, great layers of images and a super colour combination.
Not sure I can help with the mod podge problem, but if it were mine I would try warming it slightly, standing the jar in a bowl of very hot water.
Yvonne xx

Bunny said...

Your boredom is beautiful. Love this page. Great textures. I wish I could help on the Mod Podge. I always end up throwing it away because I can never use it up quick enough. [Bunny]

Marjan said...

Wonderful! I love this style and you did a great job! Afraid I can't help you with the modpodge, I don't have it.

Mia said...

A really artistic page, Annie. Great stamps and lovely colours. Very inspiring creation for an amateur in mixed media like me. Hugs, my dear friend.

Christine said...

great mix of elements and colour on your board Annie. I love the end result.
I looked up lumpy MP and someone mention straining out the lumps using a nylon stocking, I don't think they can be mixed in. Don't you hate it when we pay so much for supplies and they are dried out or lumpy :(

Linda Simpson said...

WOW this is stunning Annie, love the layers.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Chrissy said...

I blieve that mod pod is only glue and water so maybe water it down a bit..worth a try, take some out of the pot first and try thinning it on it's own just in case..good luck.
Wonderful project Annie, I love the yellow of course and I love the details and textures..AWEsome page.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I am always impressed when you create mixed media art. This is absolutely incredible. I keep finding things in it I missed the first time I looked. This is a stunner.

I've not heard of lumpy Mod Podge, but read some of the replies. IF you ADD water, be sure it is DISTILLED. Otherwise, once the non-distilled water sits in the MP for as little as a week, you will create a mold problem that will be far worse than lumps.

Ans Gilbert said...

Your journaal is awesome, love the pretty colours and th stamps,
Ansx

Lisa said...

Wow, Annie, it's so artistic and amazing!! The layering of the stamps and details are absolutely fabulous!! Gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kathleen said...

A brilliant creation with some lovely images and colours. Never used mod podge do can't help you there.
Thank you so much for joining our 'Use Yellow' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

Carol S. said...

A brilliant project and love all the colours and texture. Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

Linby said...

So much interest in this piece, lots to look at.
Thanks for joining in with my challenge to use yellow at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

Leslie Miller said...

Cool stuff, Annie! Gee, I have builder's tape and jar rings, but I've sure never made anything this awesome with it. You're so good at bringing it all together.

Leslie Miller said...

ps: I meant to add I'm not sure about the Mod Podge, but you're supposed to be able to add water to it, so maybe that would do the trick. Mine has never gone lumpy. I'm sure your question has already been answered.

GerJanne said...

This is stunning!! Wow so beautiful, Annie! The colors!

loz said...

It is stunning Annie. if that is what you produce when you are bored keep it up...Loz

Conniecrafter said...

I don't have any ideas on how to revive your mod podge, I had some go bad on me, it turned a yellow tint and smelled worse than normal, so in the trash it went.
Looks like you had a fun time at play making this cool creation!

Chana Malkah said...

This is so cool! I love all the interesting layers of texture and the awesome collage! Your palette is spot on!

I added a little lukewarm water to my mod-podge to get it going again. I added the water a little at a time to avoid making it too runny. I used a paint stick to stir it but I imagine the handle of a paintbrush would work equally well! Good Luck!

Hugz,
Chana Malkah
Redora Lee Design

Scraptastisch said...

BEAUTIFUL Annie!!!! I love it!
xx Gerie

Sandra H said...

Annie your project is gorgeous x

Gerrina said...

It looks like a card made with a lot of fun!
Like the texture, the fresh yellow and the way you used the silhouette stamps! Very inspiring! Hugs, Gerrina

*Vicki* said...

Wow! You've created a seriously stunning piece of art work with your boredom Annie!! Love the bright colors and texture!! HUGS

Fikreta said...

its so great!

Mac Mable said...

What a striking mixed media page. I love all the elements and the way you stamped onto the tissue x. I have enjoyed reading the ideas about your lumpy mod podge and now know what to do if it happens to me...interesting reply about distilled water in case it goes mouldy x.

Monica C. said...

Beautiful page, Annie! I am playing catchup on my blog visiting. You had asked about fussy cutting with my Silhouette last time you commented over on my blog. I do use the PicScan mat and I have never had a problem with it. Have you calibrated yours for whatever you are taking your pictures with?
Hugs Monica

Dora said...

Beautiful.