Today it was a bit of a lost day, busy and
cold. Tonight I thought I'd have a play while
the footy was on and played with a new technique,
using a couple of balloons blown up a little and
dabbing it onto the wet paint.
This is my very first attempt at Acrylic Pouring.
This is my very first attempt at Acrylic Pouring.
Rather fun technique but I had to stamp then
'fussy cut' my image on the Scan n Cut then double
foam it to the canvas as the stamp wouldn't go on clearly.
The lantern was painted/dabbed with yellow acrylic paint.
The lantern was painted/dabbed with yellow acrylic paint.
The paint was a bit thin as many additives are needed and
obviously I was a tad light on with my ratios...
These are Lavinia stamps and are available at
↓
Linking to:
Ally's Angels....a/g
Crafters Castle...a/g
Lavinia World Challenges...a/g


40 comments:
That technique you used produced one fantastic background! Love how the tiny lantern shines brightly against all that color! Beautiful!
I agree. It is fantastic. Lovely colors and I may have to purchase some of those Lavinia stamps. I'll tell my husband that you were the enabler. That's what I told him about the poly chromos. It's lovely to have friends in another country you can put the blame on. [Bunny]
Fabulous and unique effect and so artsy...Love it. Great idea to stamp and fussy cut the beautiful image to pop onto the glorious background x.
fabulous background seeing the canvas in areas gives great dimension beautiful Lavinia stamp
Yet another fabulous technique with beautiful results! Love the stamps too, a lovely card Annie.
xx
This is fabulous Annie, loving the background with the technique and beautiful silhouette.
Hugs
Linda xxx
Great background with that technique. Have never heard of it before. Great scene.
xxx Margreet
Fantastyczne tło, nie mogę oderwać oczu :) ale śliczna praca :)
Wonderful piece, looks like you had fun! Hugs, Valerie
What an amazing technique Annie, and the effect is fabulous, love the patterns that's formed and it just suits to fairy card as it's so ethereal looking, Kate x
Wow, what a beautiful background, lovely technique ! And the fairy with the lantern looks so good on it ! Hugs, Enny
Gorgeous background Annie..so many swirls and colours, soft and pretty..and I love the stamping with the fairy, the light shines really well..
Luv CHRISSYxx
That is amazing Annie, I would love to see a 'how to' video!
What a brilliant background Annie, wonderful colours and love the fairy image xx
Great technique and fabulous background
carol x
I've yet to try acrylic pour, but it looks like yours was successful. Lovely outcome and nice choice of those stamps, too.
Oh wow Annie, I love the background that you created for this gorgeous stamp. This looks like its a great technique to try.
Sue xx
Such amazing mixed media piece, aNNie!!! Wonderful background, I have never tried pouring technique, but it's so intriguing! :D Love the different look that the Lavinia stamp have after you have cut it on your Scan and cut machine!
Hugs, have a lovely Sunday!!
A stunning background for this gorgeous fairy Annie x
It looks like you had heaps of fun with balloons!
Dot x
Ink Art Designs
What an amazing background, Annie! I've never heard of the Balloon Smash Acrylic Pouring technique before, I'll have to check it out. xx
Not sure what a lost day is but your creation is absolutely marvelous! So creative and the colors are all swirled together so beautifully! Well done!
Annie, this is such a fun technique, the balloon takes to pour to a whole different level I love the artsy effect of the pour :)
Hi Annie, a fun new technique to try out, balloon printing was always popular at kindy with the kids. Love the little fairy stamp. Have a wonderful week.. Megan
Annie, that is awesome. I will have to check out your technique. Always love your Lavina stamps.
This is stunning Annie.
Hugs
Kuni
Thanks for the link you left on my blog, Annie. 😊 xx
What an amazing swirly background - a real fairytale feel.
Alison x
Fabulous background Annie, and I love the image and sentiment you have chosen to complete you project. A gorgeous outcome.
Blessings
Maxine
\it must have been fun trying this tecnique, great results. I've been enjoying my catch up session , reading your latest posts.
Yvonne xx
I love the results you got with the paint pouring. I would like to try this technique sometime. :)
Despite the small difficulties you produced a lovely background and a fantastic canvas, Annie!
That is amazing Annie. The technique created a stunning effect..Loz
Hi, Annie! What an interesting technique! I've never heard of it, so of course had to jump over and take a peek at the link you shared. I liked it both before the balloons and after! What a fun technique. Did you have fun using up your paints? I can see why it would leave a deep texture. LOVE IT and your fussy cutting. Wonderful card! Such a pleasure to see your pretty card at Lavinia World Challenges. Hope to see more of your creations in the future.
Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}
Wow, this looks fantastic. Never tried this technique but love the effect. The stamp is beautiful.
Hugs, Lisa
Absolutely gorgeous results!!! I love Love LOVE it!!! Just a heads up....you link you used to enter the challenge doesn't bring me to your post, but I wanted to see it so I just went to your blog and scrolled. Definitely worth finding! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
Hugs... Janie
DT
Crafter's Castle
crafterscastle.blogspot.com
Love that gorgeous background you created for this beautiful fairy card! I love that fairy holding the lantern while the snail takes her to where she wants to go. Thanks for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenges!
Wow, this is stunning!! The background looks amazing!! I love this, Annie!! It's so artistic and beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Lavinia World Challenge!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Absolutely fabulous! Love the background! Thank you for playing with us over at Lavinia World Challenge! Alina DT
A great result and sounds like a fun technique to do!
Love that background; it's perfect for the Lavinia stamp! Hugs, Gerrina
looks so great!
Post a Comment