Follow me

25 July 2019

Two Teds

Measuring my paint and floetrol ratios today
for my acrylic pouring projects I put them to the
test and was happy with it all.
Using  stamps I have had for a while by
Crafty Individuals called "Two Teds" and
 "Beautiful birdcages",  I thought I'd
add them to my project.  Bears are coloured with Inktense pencils,
a Die cut by Cheery Lynn and foam mounted onto the canvas.
As my painting looks like a tree branch I used the birds and
 stamped onto tissue paper with Memento ink,
 & using Liquitex to adhere.

This technique I used is called 
The Dip Technique. 
linked to:
Acrylic Art....Dip Technique
↓

38 comments:

karin said...

Gorgeous that background ! Love the cute stamp on it.
Karin
xx

meg said...

wonderful background and a gorgeous stamp

Ans Gilbert said...

Love the image and the pretty Cheery Lynn die, als your background is awesome,
Ansx

Anita in France said...

What a brilliant, cool, texture-y and shimmery background, Annie ... those little bears are so sweet against it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

aga-craft said...

jakie słodkie misie :) tło robi wrażenie :)

crafty-stamper said...

Absolutely fabulous background
Carol x

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous, love the background and the stamps are so cute of the teddies.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Mrs A. said...

Your two teds are adorable. Heat wave here today so
All
I have done so far is move around the shady spots in the garden. I will do a spot of weeding when

Mrs A. said...

Blogger cut me off again. I was gong tosay
I would do a bit of weeding when the sun goes down. Meant to be much Much more cooler tomorrow. Hugs
Mrs
A.

Chris said...

WOW!! That painted background is fantastic!!! Love the beautiful vintage style teddy stamp too.
xx

Margreet said...

What a beautiful teddy's on your awesome background. Love it!
xxx Margreet

Je@net said...

Wow...beautiful background, Annie. Love it!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic piece Annie! Hugs, Valerie

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That pour technique turned out fantastic. It's a wonderful background. I also like how you put the two Teddies on a doily. It helped them stand out against the fabulous background.

Sarah said...

What an amazing background on your canvas Annie, such lovely colours, delicate and perfect for the adorable bears xx

Wies said...

Wonderful background. The birds fit in very well. The two Teddies are very cute.

Mac Mable said...

Popped back to say that the group over at Facebook are amazing...what stunning creations. Thank you for the link x.

Mac Mable said...

The pouring and dip look so striking, unique and amazing x How creative and what fun. Love the adorable teddies and how you popped on the stamped birds x Great project Annie x

Carol S. said...

The background is amazing and love it Annie. As a teddy bear collector, I just love the bear image. Have a lovely weekend. Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx

Shabneez said...

Super creation Annie - love all the textures. Shabneez x

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous paint pouring Annie and it really does look like a tree and makes me want to touch it.. love the added birds and teddies..

Luv CHRISSYxx

loz said...

stunning effect annie..love the two teds...loz

Lisa said...

So gorgeous!! The background looks amazing!! Love the sweet bears!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! AMAZING piece of Art!! I have never heard about Dip technique, yours looks really wonderful!!! Great textured backgrounds with a fabulous mix of colours!! The CI stamped elements look fabulous on it!!
I have those bears too, very unused... They are so cute, I will ink them! :D
Hugs!

Bunny said...

Wow! That background is awesome.Don't you wish you could duplicate that background again? Of course you can't go wrong with teddy bears. They are so cute. [Bunny]

GerJanne said...

So nice to learn from you all that special techniques! Marvelous background!

MiamiKel said...

Oh this is so wonderful! I love the gorgeous background and that is one cute teddy :) Great job, Annie!

Christine said...

Annie, your background is amazing,I love the texture you created with the acrylic paints. Totally stunning :)

Conniecrafter said...

love the leafy texture of the background, the neat addition of the birds, neat vintage look of the bears and love them on the doily

kiwimeskreations said...

What an amazing background Annie - you really are mastering the pour techniques, and have made a gorgeous panel from the results. The 'tissue' stamped birds are a gorgeous whimsical addition
Blessings
Maxine

Kuni said...

Stunning card with great background.
Hugs
Kuni

Carol L said...

Wonderful and creative background and those teddy bears are so cute too!

Gerrina said...

Again a stunning background! And I love that you used the ted's; they seem to fit so well! Hugs, Gerrina

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Annie, I love the poured background, what fabulous colours and patterns the technique makes, and I love the stamps you've used too, Kate x

cotnob said...

Another fabulous make Annie, gorgeous colours and cute bears - you are certainly having fun with your mixed media.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lowcarb team member said...

Just gorgeous :)

All the best Jan

Fikreta said...

its so wonderful!

Shona Chambers said...

This is the sort of project I love to look at but could never make myself. The colours are so gorgeous and go together beautifully. Love all the texture and the gold is delicious. Those bears are coloured so well and the dress matches the doily perfectly. Its an incredible project, I'm so glad you shared it with us at TIME OUT!