Most glorious spring day today and I actually
heard some bees in my front garden..
Last night I did an acrylic paint pour
over an old DVD.
over an old DVD.
Using a lovely Flower Collections Set 3
from Ink Art Designs.
Stamping first onto the DVD with onyx black ink,
then another stamp and embossed with Lindy's green
embossing powder.
NO, the DVD did not buckle as I kept
NO, the DVD did not buckle as I kept
moving it from front to back
so as to keep it's shape while
so as to keep it's shape while
heat embossing...
mind you I thought it would shrivel up..
mind you I thought it would shrivel up..
I then stamped and embossed in
black glitter powder, on water colour papers,
painted with Altenew water paints,
black glitter powder, on water colour papers,
painted with Altenew water paints,
fussy cut and then adhered to my DVD...
The background paper was smudged with Arteza paints,
stamped and embossed the same flowers again.
to hang it is from the hole in the middle
which I did but to photograph there was too much shine
from my craft room door so a flat photo was taken.
Before...[paint wet]
After...
These stamps are designed by a lovely artist,
Our challenge is still on at Ink Art Designs,
why not come along, join in and be in for a win...



41 comments:
Wspaniała słoneczna praca, cudne kolory, radosne :)
amazing background the colours seem to swirl like water
Fantastic piece Annie, what a treasure. It's lovely to hear the bees! Hugs, Valerie
Looks fabulous Annie, I did this but then cut into a heart shape, surprisingly looks ok but was done so I could say I tried...haha...Enjoy your day.xx
It's so stunning!! The colors are absolutely gorgeous!! Creative and beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)
Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Annie, this looks great!
Lia xx
WOW you're getting SO artsy! This is gorgeous and I love what you've been doing with your paints! You have far more creative ideas than I do ... thanks for inspiration!
Amazing pouring!!! Such fabulous happy and bright colours!! Great idea using a dvd !!! Love this piece of Art!!
What a clever idea to work on a CD. Love the background and the flowers are fab too!
xxx Margreet
How original ! Beautiful result on this dvd! Creative regards, Gina
A wonderful arty creation x
Nice idea to work with a cd like this. Beautiful colors! and we have a heatwave, so enjoy your springday :-)
Wonderful Annie.
Hugs
Kuni
You've done it again Annie, another fabulous technique with an amazing result!
Those hot colours are like the temperatures here today!
xx
Nice job thanks for sharing!!!
Fabulous Annie, love the acrylic pour and flowers.
Hugs
Linda xxx
A totally ingenious idea...so creative Annie, I love it and what glorious colours too, the glittery flowers are gorgeous, great piece of artwork, Kate x
This is so awesome and inspiring!
Oh you are so ingenious! How did you figure it out? Such an amazing result!
I love this effect on the CD, What a great piece of decor!
Hugs Monica
It's amazing the things you use as substrates for your pour projects. The completed CD turned out great with the flowers and added stamps. Beautiful art and incredible design.
A brilliant statement piece Annie. The colours are so vibrant. We are having very hot days and nights. At 4am we had an amazing thunder and lightning storm, that we watched as it had woken both of us. It's going to be even hotter tomorrow, around 36 degrees. Big hugs, Carol S.xxxx
Brilliant idea and fabulous result great recycling too
Carol x
Now this is clever Annie and so very creative and unique. You are a genius and I am in awe of your creative process x. Colour and stunning x
Loving those vivid colors swirled together! SO very pretty!
Oh Wow Annie this is stunning, what a fantastic use for old CD's and DVD's too. I love the colours.
Sue xx
A fabulous project Annie. I love the bright colour base and all the lovely detail you added.
Yvonne xx
Stunning effect on the dvd Annie. The colours are so beautiful..Loz
Spring? The wind in the trees is making too much noise to hear the bees buzzing here today, sheesh. What a fabulous swirly, colorful background! Would make a cool wall accent!
Pretty altered CD project, Annie! The colors remind me of a hot summer’s day and tropical posies! Hugs, de
WOW - that is amazing. Love the colors and the texture.
gorgeousssssssssss Annie and love the colours
gr karin
Beautiful hot colours, Annie! This really has the wow factor! xx
Wow Annie - you certainly create some amazing art, and I love that you use so many different techniques, and try anything that may come to mind. Loving your colours and the amazing embossing. A wonderful result
Blessings
Maxine
Breath taking Annie. It is really a fantastic explosion of delightful colour.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
wow...so pretty! I've never done it but looks like you are having great results.
x Karen
Beautiful Annie and love the technique..
Luv CHRISSYxx
This is beautiful. It looks like a slice of summer. I love the colors. [Bunny]
very cool idea, cool texture you brought to the DVD, very pretty
Even without the stamping this background is beautiful! But the artwork in the end has so much beautiful things; looks so good! Hugs, Gerrina
So very nice !
Post a Comment